Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ghibli Deck, Pentacles Suit

So, when I first started thinking about this deck I had a vague idea of having each suit focus on one of the four biggest movies, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and.... ummmm... well, I hadn't decided on the fourth one yet. But after I looked over my fanart collection I realized that it would be very very difficult to come up with enough specific artwork for the cards, and I didn't want to struggle with it. So I just picked whatever art I felt like worked. But if you look at the royalty of the suits you can see some of the suits had some definite leanings to which movie would have gone with each suit.  Pentacles flowed pretty easy, I didn't have too much trouble with this one. I hadn't originally intended to include the Tale of the Princess Kaguya in this collection since I hadn't seen it when I started, but instead I just bought the movie for my daughter for her birthday and watched it. I really liked it. And that moment fits the five of pentacles really well.









Sources

3. concept art
6. screenshot
8. paimonerra.deviantart.com, no longer exists on deviantart
10. deleted off of Pixiv
page. official art

No comments:

Post a Comment