Monday, August 8, 2011

titles are boring.







well, my amazon shirts are here. the teal is darker than I though- for a second I thought it was gonna be black, and then I was going to be annoyed. But they're really pretty, and I'll try them on soon. so far everything looks good. Once I have pictures of me in them I'll put them up here.














Also, Marissa and I went and bought jeans yesterday. You know, those free jeans we got from CrowdTap. I did mention that didn't I? Free jeans? the dark pair on the left, the skinny jeans, are the ones that Marissa got. she wasn't sure about skinny jeans, but since they were free she decided to try it. the medium blue jeans on the right are the ones I got- they're called trouser jeans and they're SO COMFY. The jeans in the middle are ones that I tried on at the store, but they didn't have them in tall sizes, so I just ordered those online. apparently flares are back in and I LOVED it. unfortunately, I am 6' tall and regular length jeans just aren't going to cut it. So, online we go.







We bought tops to go with our jeans, of course. The black and white striped sweater is Marissa's- I am HIGHLY ENVIOUS. it looked really cute on her, and really good with the skinny jeans. However, when I tried on the same sweater, I knew right away it wasn't going to work for me. I put it on and leaned just a little back, and it immediately pulls up to show my stomach. way too short. sigh. The brown sweater is the one I got. (Marissa also got a matching one) It's an interesting shirt- it's a loose open weave, totally see through, so I have to put a tank top underneath. So I just pick a bright color to show through the sweater- I'm wearing it today and I went with pink- and it looks really cool. I also got some new pants for Shannon, since she starts kindergarten this year- figured she could use some school clothes, since Old navy had kids jeans on sale. Turns out Shannon doesn't like skinny jeans. I tried them on her and she did not approve. I thought they were cute, but they were for her to wear so I let her pick what she wanted.


I'm actually starting to be ready for cooler weather. I miss my sweaters, and now I'm getting new jeans, that I won't even wear yet cuz it's too warm. We wore our new clothes yesterday when we got home, but we were both woo warm in them. and I am wearing the sweater I got and because of the open weave it's not really a warm sweater, but I think I'm about ready for the weather to change.


Except for floating the river! Oooh, I'm a fan of that. I'd never been before and Saturday before last we finally decided to go. Of course- I had a meltdown the night before- I had planned to wear my navy tankini, but when I went to find it, the top was missing. I don't know where it is. I didn't want to wear my Hawaii swim suit, cuz the seams are starting to rip out. so I tried on my old leopard printed halter top one piece form several years ago. Yeah, NO. It did the most awful pear shaped thing to my body- my bust looked tiny and my belly and hips looks huge. So I had a massive self-esteem crash. it was bad. Crying and sulking and everything. Eventually Caleb found the correct solution to that- tell me to go buy a new swimsuit. So I got up early, and I took Shannon, cuz her current suit was getting too small, and she and I went swimsuit shopping. we started at Old Navy, but there was NOTHING left there but a few pieces of bikinis, which, after pregnancy, c-section, and gaining 10 lbs, that is NOT going to happen, so we moved on. We walked down that little strip mall, hitting Shopko, Marshalls, Ross and even Sportsman's Warehouse, and then Walmart at the end. Let me tell you what, swimsuit selection is not great at the end of July. At Walmart Shannon picked out a Dora the Explorer suit she really liked and I found a blue one piece with ruched sides (thereby hiding any belly issues I might worry about) that I loved. Nearly fought with Shannon over that, cuz there was a pink one I tried on too that she wanted me to get, cuz she likes pink better, but I wanted the blue.


So, that crisis out of the way, floating the river was really fun. We actually bought our own tubes, cuz renting was only slightly cheaper than buying, and with buying we were able to go again last Saturday and will go again this Saturday and probable every Saturday we can. I very much enjoyed it, and so did Shannon. She will never get to 25 like me and have to admit she's lived in Boise all her life and never floated the river. This Saturday, though, I don't think we will be inviting Josh and Sarah. I nearly slapped her this last time- she has NO patience for children and was snapping at Shannon, just being nasty and mean, and it was upsetting me. So I think this time we won't say anything to them, and invite Caleb's friend David instead. much more laid back. I love floating the river, because with Caleb's job, that has basically eliminated any chance of any more camping trips this summer. we got our 4th of July camping, and that's all. so floating the river gives us something outdoorsy and summery that we can do. I approve.


No comments:

Post a Comment