Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Souleater, the Unicorn Prince of Darkness

Another little dude I made.  every time I look at him I'm reminded of how I really need to make more, because he's just so perfect.

11/25/11 This is for my 2 year old niece for Christmas. she loves ponies and this guy is adorable.

12/5/11 Got this one started now. I’m using a 3.5 hook for the bottom of the feet cuz the yarn that I’m using is some random scraps from an old project, and it’s heavier than the other yarn I’m using. this may cause oddness in the legs, or may add extra chibi cuteness with his excessively large feet. we’ll see how this works. using the 4.0 hook for the rest of him.

12/7/11 legs done. his feet are HUGE. it’s almost comical. I’m wondering if I should lengthen the legs to accomodate the feet. this guy’s gonna be all feet. hopefully it’ll be cute. Too late to change now, way too lazy! as a result of the giant feet the ruffle around his ankles sticks straight up his leg instead of down, but I think it’s okay. on to the head now.

12/8/11 Finished the head last night, and today I’ve gotten the body done and legs attached. I could finish him up now if I’d brought my stuffing to work…. I guess he’ll have to wait until I get home. Incidentally, I don’t know why I think he’s a boy. he’s clearly all done up in pink and purple, which should suggest feminine to me, but for some reason when I look at him, I still think “he”. shrug

12/8/11 He’s all done! I love him! His name is Souleater, the Unicorn Prince of Darkness, and he will punish you if you mock him. My husband and my brother were teasing me last night when working on his face, saying he was scary looking, like he was going to eat their souls, so when I finished him this morning, I made a sign for him saying, “My name is Souleater, and I will punish you for mocking me.” and put him on my husband’s alarm clock so he’d be staring at him when he woke up. it was funny. anyways, like I said, his feet are comically huge, and I regret doing purple for the rings around his eyes, I think that’s part of the creepy look he’s got. I wish I’d done yellow to match his horn and freckles, but I’m too scared of ruining it to mess with it. I like him anyways. He had kind of a fat neck thing going on, so I ran a line of stitches under his chin a pulled it in to define his chin and narrow his neck. it looked much better.
I assume my two year old niece will probably rename him, but he’ll always be Souleater to me….

No comments:

Post a Comment