Friday, March 8, 2013

the Black Lady







And I felt like my set needed a villain, so, the Black Lady.  She's always been my favorite, she's gorgeous.  Sailor Moon's cap and bangs and pigtails, with Sailor Chibi Moon's odangos.  Her bodice is the same as all the other senshi, just in black and burgundy.  I just wrapped black yarn around her neck for her black collar, and embroidered the shoulder straps on after the arms were sewn on.  Same basic legs, with red heels.  Her sash is the same as Mulan's, except that I did dcs all the way down, instead of hdcs, cuz I wanted it a bit wider.  The dress was fun.  I sewed her legs on first, and then I picked up five stitches through the front loops just even what would be her hips.  this is what I did to make the skirt piece:

after picking up the five sts,
sc in each st across - 5
1 sc in next st, 2sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st - 7
sc in each st across- 7
1 sc in next, 2sc in next, 1 sc, 2sc, 1sc 2sc, 1 sc - 10
sc in each stitch across - 10
repeat until you reach her feet.  I think this was about 7-ish rows.  I'm not sure.  I didn't count.

do the same thing on her back.  this way you get her black skirt with the long slits up to her hips.  I ended up using a little black yarn and stitching a bit at the top of the two skirt pieces, just to draw the pieces together.  And of course, embroidered the black moon on her forehead.

you know, it occurs to me, it would be really easy to make a Luna P ball...

No comments:

Post a Comment