Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sailor Saturn and Sailor Chibi Moon



Here's Sailor Saturn.  I did a long sc on the front of her boots to try and give them the little V in front her boots have, but I'm not entirely sure I like it.  her hair is basically Mulan's hair, so  not pointed at the ends, but with shorter strands.  I did ch 10 strands for her.  I forgot to account for the fact that the strands would shorten when curving over her head so it ended up shorter in back, kind of an A line cut.  so I made her bangs ch-7 strands so I could tilt her hair back a bit to make up for it.



And Sailor Chibi Moon, the 10th senshi.  her hair was a huge pain.  lots of assembly.  I did the basic Sailor Moon cap to start with.  here's what I did for her odangos:

stuff as you go along.
6 sc in magic ring
2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, repeat twice more- 9 sts
sc in each st around - 9
1 sc in next st, sc2tog, repeat twice more- 6
sc in each stitch around- 6
sc2tog three times- 3
sc2tog, sc in the next st- 2

make two of these.  I just embroidered her odango covers on with yarn.

and then her pigtails.  I did them as separate pieces I sewed on instead of crocheting straight on like I did with Jupiter's ponytail.  same concept in shaping though.

make 2, stuff as you go along.
6sc in a ring
ch1, 2sc in each stitch around, sl st in first stitch -12
ch 1, sc in each st around, sl st in first stitch- 12
ch 2, dc in each st around, sl st in first stitch- 12
ch 2, 1 dc in each of the next 8 sts, sc2tog 2 times, sl st in first stitch- 10
ch 2, 1 dc in next 6 sts, sl st next 4, sl st in first stitch -10
repeat previous round. (I realize it's hard to sl st in to previous sl sts, but it can be done.)- 10
ch 2, 1 dc in next 6 sts, skip st, sl st, skip st, sl st, sl st in first stitch -8
ch 2, dc in each st around, sl st in first stitch- 8
ch 2, dc2tog 4 times, sl st in first stitch- 4
ch 2, dc2tog twice, sl st in first stitch- 2
ch 3
finished.


sew the pigtails on a little bit back from center on the top of her head, and the odangos just in front, centered on the head.

this does make her rather top heavy.  but she's cute and I like it.  and I'm rather proud of myself for figuring it out on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment