Thursday, April 18, 2013

Granny Square jacket is done!






















so, it's finally done, with only a few minor hiccups.  The body of the jacket was plenty long enough, but the sleeves did need lengthening.  so the sleeves are five squares long, instead of four.  also, to avoid bagginess in the arms I did reduce it to three rows wide instead of four.  I was worried about it being tight in the armpits, but the squares have plenty of stretch, so that's not a problem at all.  These changes did mean that I didn't use one of the sets of godets I made for the sleeves, and I have four squares leftover instead of two.  not sure what I'm going to do with that.  I severely underestimated how long assembly would take, but I guess it makes sense.  it is a jacket made up of a bunch of small pieces that needed to be sewn together.  and I ran out of black yarn, AGAIN.  very annoyed.  last time I knew it was coming and ordered more in plenty of time, this time I wasn't ready, so I had to just let it sit so close to finished while I waited for knitpicks.com's INSANELY SLOW SHIPPING.  only time in my life I've wished I paid more for shipping so I'd get it faster.  all I had left was about half of the body edging, and the edging for the sleeves.  so in all, it took 1 1/2 skeins of the colors, and 8 1/2 of the black.  way more than I thought.

Caleb hates it though.  I think that's funny.  he doesn't like hippie style things, and is definitely not a fan of mixing crazy bright colors like this. ah well.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment