Friday, February 8, 2013

What I'm doing now and later

So, right now I'm finally, FINALLY working on River Tam's sweater from the episode 'Safe':
I've never knitted a sweater, so I figured if I'm going to learn I might as well make it nerdy. So I found a pattern and yarn and this is where I'm at:

yeah, it kinda looks like a mess now.  but I have faith that it will all come together.

As soon as that's done I'm going to start on a set of little Sailor Moon dolls (like the princesses I made) for Shannon for her birthday.  and once that's done.... oh man.  I have the coolest project lined up.  I'm super jazzed for this.

I found this picture ages ago and fell in love.  I saved it thinking maybe I could figure out how it was done from the pics.  Unlikely.  and then, just recently, I discovered the creator actually put out a pattern for it.  I had to buy it,which I hate doing, I think charging for patterns is mean, but whatever.  If it's something I want bad enough, I'll pay.  (I mean, I paid for the patterns for those princess dolls...)  so I did.  I'm super excited, I think this thing is amazing.  I had trouble picking yarn, the yarn used in the picture is this super special hand painted yarn that would have cost me like $400 to get enough for the jacket.  yeah, not happening.  I went for knitpicks.com, and actually ended up going with the same brand I used for Rinoa's jacket.  I just like the look of that stuff.  I put together a bunch of color schemes and posted them on Facebook to get votes from friends and family on what I should do.  after weighing the options and deliberating for ages, this is what I picked:

a bit different, still bright but not quite as rainbowy.  I like it.  I can't wait to get started on it.  just got to get through the other things in line first.

additionally, I'm creating this outfit right now:

Usagi's outfit, of course.  I've got the shirt almost done, and I already own white shorts, I'll post pics when it's done. (Those are shorts, I promise.  the line dividing her legs is just missing in this shot. it happens.)

and that's what I'm working on.





No comments:

Post a Comment